Friday, June 24, 2011

bittersweet

Today we changed Izzy's crib into the toddler bed.  As I watched Izzy help Chris disassemble and transform the crib, I was choking back tears.  My mood instantly changed as soon as I saw the fourth side of the crib come off.  Somewhere deep in the pit of my stomach I had this feeling that it might be the last time I ever see this bed as a crib. 



We've been thinking a lot about having a second baby and just like the first one, planning for a baby is stressful.  And after having one... let's face it, parenting is hard work.  It took a lot of work to get Chris on track with the second baby thing but now I feel like I'm getting cold feet.  There are a ton of super mom's out there that do an amazing job juggling two (or more) kids.  Somedays I know I could do it to and then other days, when I have to peel my trantrum throwing-fake crying-feet kicking kid off the ground, I believe one is enough. 





So here is to the next six months of "planning".  In the meantime, I am giving Chris and I a pat on the back for getting thus far and having a successful first nap in the big girl bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment