Sunday, July 3, 2011

busy busy busy

To those of you that follow my blog... I'm so sorry I have been neglecting it lately.  My daughter is turning two next week which is bringing a gushing fountain of emotions from me.  I am overflowing internally thinking about big girl panties, learning letters, getting a job, going back to school, terrible twos, no more crib and the yearning to have a second baby.  I have all these dreams but I think I have so many that I get anxious on which to reach for first.  How do you handle prioritizing your dreams?

:: The Lake

(This will have to be a two part or maybe an even three part blog about our adventure to the lake.  I took soooo many pictures that I want to share them all).

It will be hard for me to put into words the joy, peace, and excitement I had from going to Lake Burton and having my daughter there along with me.

The moment we pulled on the gravel driveway my heart was lifted and Izzy couldn't resist the invitation to the water.  My intentions were to just show her the lake, finish unpacking the car, and then take her swimming.  Her plans were different.  I had to take off her shorts, she took off her shoes and then slowly stepped into the lake.  She took about 10 steps, turned around and said "bye shoes!" and that is how our stay began.



"Bye Shoes" was so fitting.  We spent the next 6 days walking barefoot in the grass, along the stone path, around the cottage, and, of course, in the lake.  My face hurt so bad because I could not stop smiling.  I was there, finally, in my happy place.


 Our great friend Ms. Midge.  She is such a great part of our family and a ton of fun to be around. 




 



 Me and Miss Iz enjoying our first tubing ride.  Well I enjoyed it, Izzy enjoyed the first five minutes and then wanted to get off.  :)

The week kept getting better and better.  Izzy enjoyed her first of many boat rides, her first s'more and a trip to Cleveland, GA to adopt a cabbage patch baby from Babyland General Hospital.  While the trip didn't go as what I had hoped, we still left with a baby and the stroller that she had screamed for the entire time we were in the "hospital". 

Introducing Choloe Teresa Bonine!

No comments:

Post a Comment