Thursday, January 19, 2012

back at it

So here is what you missed after our Christmas....

New Years::

Totally enjoyed the day with Chris, Uncle Brian, Aunt Donna,Tag, Cody, Garrett and 25,000 Auburn fans at the Georgia Dome for the Chick-fil-a Bowl!  It was totally rockin' and it was nice to spend some quality time with my husband "alone".  We rang in the new year with a kiss and a glimpse of the Peach Drop.

Baltimore, MD::
Chris went back to work in Cali and Izzy and I traveled to Maryland to see our long lost friends.  We "lost" them for three years.  It was good getting to see everyone again and meeting all the new babies that arrived while we were gone. There were lots of laughs and some tears but overall my face hurt at the end of the five days because I couldn't stop smiling.  I am sad we live so far apart but I know Chris' job will take us back there someday and we will get to be part of more babies lives.  :)

IMG_8923-Edit IMG_8805-Edit IMG_8863-Edit IMG_8842-Edit


IMG_8911

This is one of the reasons why we loved Maryland.... the diners.  You could go whenever you wanted and get anything you desired.  Wanted breakfast for dinner? Sure.  Wanted steak at 3AM? Not a problem.  Wanted to eat your weight in any kind of dessert you could imagine? Yes please.  

IMG_8793

IMG_8786

IMG_8791

IMG_8792


Home::

There is nothing quite like getting on an airplane and knowing your destination is your very own bed.  Some people are scared to fly.... I feel liberated.  I throw on my headphones and turn up my music so I can hear each lyric and word crystal clear.  Somehow my iPod knows my mood and changes each song appropriately to give me even more of a high.  I feel like I can do anything!!  In the short time of being on the plane, I can solve the world's problems, become a better wife, mother and friend, and enjoy some out of body experiences like watching the male flight attendant crawl over seats in a provocative manner while singing Adam Lambert's "Let Me Entertain You".  Flying is so magical. 

IMG_8961


 While on our flight I met an amazing girl.  I wish I was like her.  I wish I had the bravery and cool nature she has.  It made me realize how uptight, over protective, non-smiling, cold-bitter soul I have become.  She is 21.  She was 19 when she decided to join the Air Force.  She had a full ride scholarship to become a fourth generation nurse which she promptly walked away from.  She was stationed in Germany for two years after boot camp.  She is slated to be a dental hygienist but there was no work for her in that field in Germany.  Instead, for the first year, she identified soldier's bodies coming from Iraq and Afghanistan on their way to the US.  She told me that she grew up real quick after that job.  I'm thinking "holy shit! I could not do that!!!" I never thought that someone would have to have that job.  I am grateful she is such a strong soul to see such terrible things.  So I digress.... that is not why she is totally cool.  That job made her totally awesome!  The reason why she was totally cool was because she was traveling to Reno to be married on Friday the 13th to her fiance, who she met in Germany.  He is in the Army and stationed there as well.  Her parents have only met him over skype and the only thing she had in her suitcase was her wedding dress.  Her. Wedding. Dress.  I envy her.  I'm proud of her.  I wish her nothing but the best for her and her future. 

So I plugged my headphones back into my ears and reevaluated my bitterness.  What was my new year's resolution?  I had planned on getting out of the house more with my family, not worry about money and spend more time with my family.  I think I need to add one more thing to that list... I will smile more.  I will take more chances, yet still be responsible.  I will live in the moment.  Okay, that is more than one. :)

Here are a few pictures from our first outing, worry-free-day as a family.  A trip to brisk San Francisco for the day to enjoy the sights and sounds the large city had to offer.  I could have punched myself in the face for not bringing my big camera but my iPhone is totally awesome too!
12x12

Since being back home I threw together a baby shower for my good friend Amanda.  Little Gabby will be arriving into our world on February 6th.  We cannot wait to meet this sweet girl and see what the world has in store for her.  We are wishing, hoping and praying for Gabby's safe arrival and doctors will be able to mend her heart.


IMG_8993IMG_8996

IMG_9021

IMG_8982

No comments:

Post a Comment