Friday, February 3, 2012

it's a process

Just like everything in our lives.... it's a process.  It's a process getting the kid up and out the door for school.  It's even a process to convince her to eat breakfast.  It's a process living a military life.  It's a process owning your own business.  It's all a process.  And while I had good intentions to get my new website/blog up and running by tomorrow.... the process is slow.  It's been difficult focusing but rest assure that a new website and blog will be up by next week.  I promise.

This week brought lazy days and errands.  The sun has been out which warms the body and the soul.  It's so much better than coffee! We spent afternoons outside, playing in the dirt, eating lunches and enjoying our family time.  It's awesome!

IMG_0113

 This week I had a good ugly cry.  The kind where your shirt is soaked because you can't stop the waterworks.  There is a few back stories that built up to the ugly cry but I will share just  a couple...

One:  Remember our best friends from San Diego that moved in right next door to us? Well their landlord is a total d-bag and they had to move out down to military housing.  It makes me furious to know a military family was treated with such dishonor.  It makes me even more mad because it's very rare that you get to share a fence with your good friends after a duty station.  I always joke about punching people in the face, well I really, for real, want to punch their landlord in the face.  Just saying.

Two:  My friend Amanda is about to give birth to her newest little one in just a few days.  While the story is long, that baby needs everyone's prayers, hopes, fingers crossed, wishing on a star, or what ever you do to bring luck.  Without getting into too much detail, Baby Gabby has a heart defect.  Doctors are confident they can build her a new heart.  We are confident in the doctors.

I totally blame the ugly cry on Amanda.  She wrote me a card that was amazing.  It was so amazing, I had not even read what was inside that the words on the front made me ball.

  IMG_0120

  The words on the front are sooooo true. We wish we lived next door to them.  We wished we lived next door to a lot of people.  We would have to have a dodecahedron house so we could have all the next door neighbors we wanted.  I won't mention what was on the inside because it might make you ugly cry too.

I would like to tell you all about potty training but I don't want to jinx anything so I will leave you with this weeks iPhone fun.

PS.  Sorry for the lack of pictures this week.  My new camera is intimidating and I'm not sure what is holding me back.

Have a great weekend everyone!

  Untitled-1

No comments:

Post a Comment