Thursday, May 19, 2011

love

Okay, I'm almost finished with "New Moon" and I'm still on Team Edward.  Why?  Jacob seems so nice and sweet and Bella would be much better off with him.... Well I have a thing for first loves.  You never forget your first love.  They may not be your one true love but it is your first taste of butterflies in your stomach, your heart in your throat, sweaty palms and the rush of adrenaline when they enter a room.  Those memories stay with you forever.  And even if you didn't marry your first love, you still get those same feelings with your spouse and it makes you feel young and gitty.


***

And there is another kind of love.  A mother's love.  When you find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with you think it can't get any better.  Well it does.  The love you have for your children whether their biological, adopted, stepchildren or acquired children, this love prevails over any kind of love out there.  This love creates a swell in your chest that is bigger than heaven and gives you strength from within that is so unexplainable.  Spouses may come and go but children are with you for life!  That love can never be dismissed or broken.  I find myself telling Izzy I love her a million times a day.  Sometimes I say it not even realizing what I'm doing.  It's beautiful.  I know I get frustrated with her and my days are not perfect but at the end of each day I am thankful for her and she will never doubt my love. 



***

The past few days have been filled with hiking, cooking and our usual schedule of Kinderjam and swimming.  Our slow days drive me insane!!  I love being busy with Izzy.  I love the coming and going and watching her explore the world outside of our lawn.  I love when our afternoon flies by so that the time we wait for daddy to get home is short.  We have one week left with daddy before we head to Georgia for a three week summer vacation.  We are going to miss him but thank God for face-to-face chatting on the iPhone and iChat.



No comments:

Post a Comment