Thursday, May 5, 2011

found them!!

My days are like the book "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie".  Certain events lead to other events which lead to other events and eventually you end up where you think you were supposed to be.  Maybe my entire life is like the book.  However, the title of my book should read "If Mom Wants To Go Somewhere Alone".  Well anyway,  a series of events lead me to find my big girl panties.  Somehow I found them in a warm shower and then again on a photographic journey with a friend for my photography class.  My big girl panties were waiting on 70 degree weather to arrive in Monterey!!  The warm breeze and the sun hitting the back of my calves as we hiked along the ocean trail lifted my spirits.






It was so wonderful to get out doors and enjoy the sunshine.  We ate corn on the cob with our neighbors, played in the sand with our best friends and just enjoyed a nice old fashion car wash.

Izzy also thought it would be fun to brush daddy's and her hair with the corn brush. 





We played along the ocean's water and braved the wind for only so long.  Even though it was 70 the wind was hard to bear next to the ocean.  We moved the girls to a beach more inland called "the volleyball court".  They didn't know the difference.  As we buried our feet deep in the warm sand and fed our girls lunch with watchful eyes as the bums passed us one by one we watched Izzy and Edi do something that just melted both of our hearts.... share.  Izzy carefully shared her gummies one by one with Edi, who patiently sat and waited until Izzy would give her another.  We love the Bundt family and because they are Army, we will probably not run into them again on our military journey and this makes me sad.  It is friends like these that you want your kids to grow up knowing and loving.  Izzy feels safe with them and I treat Edi as if she were my own.  These are the types of people you want to share a fence with.


Another thing that came along with warm weather was the need for ice cream!!

 Oh yes, we painted Izzy's finger nails for the first time.  She has had her toe nails painted too when she was one but this was a first.  She is such a princess. 



The car wash.  While we were probably bordering on the line of child labor laws, we washed our little blue car.  You can't turn us in because Izzy didn't do any work.  She just played in the bucket and got extremely wet which resulted in taking off all her clothes which resulted in a happy, but cold, baby.  (Another "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" moment).



I hope everyone is enjoying their weather where ever you might reside.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures... very artistic. And the blog is very casual-conversational literary. Can't believe you used to be a math teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the compliment!! I'm glad you are enjoying my blog. Not only did I teach math... I had to take remedial English in college!! haha. I never have been a good writer but this is a great outlet for me. Keep reading!! I have so many adventures as a military wife and a mother of an infant.

    ReplyDelete