Sunday, December 18, 2011

snuggling with santa

Want to know how I know you're the coolest kid on the block?  Because you cut Santa's hair.  No, I'm not talking about me.  Actually I think I'm pretty far from cool but my good friend Felicity is one of the cool kids.  Felicity has cut my hair since I was seven years old.  TWENTY THREE years and running I have been following her around all of Gwinnett and beyond to get my hair cut.  I have put off getting my hair done while we were stationed in Maryland and California until I flew home to Georgia just to get my hair made over.  She is quarky, funny, totally aweomse and when I grow up, I want to be just like her.  :)  Anyway, I digress.... she cuts Santa's hair.  It is totally awesome too!  In exchange for his hair being cut he shows up to her annual Christmas party and brings presents for ALL the kids.  Not only does he bring presents, he gives each kid as much time as they need on Santa's lap.  He listens, laughs, takes pictures, talks to parents, and makes each child feel loved and appreciate from the moment they sit on his lap.

I wasn't sure how meeting him this year would go over with Izzy.  Sometimes she is weird with people and other times she has never met a stranger.  I was hoping and praying that by talking about Santa each day leading up to the event would help ease her mind.  We looked at pictures, sang songs, and talked about what Santa does.  So the big night comes for Santa's arrival at Felicity's house.  I was nervous.  Enter Santa.....

IMG_8131 IMG_8111


Izzy looked, stared for a few minutes then walked her little Christmas dressed hiney right over to him, pushing her way past all the kids standing around and gave him a big ole hug!!  It was priceless.  Santa stopped what he was doing and hugged her right back.

IMG_8116

As Santa made his way to his chair.  Izzy sat across from him patently waiting for her turn to sit on his lap.  I'm not sure what she was going to tell him, if she was going to say anything at all.  She sat and sat and watched other kids get their time with Santa and leave with a gift.  After about the 5th kid, she started getting antsy.  She almost had a break down.  Then it was her turn.....  she crawled in his lap.  Curled right up in his armpit, rubbed the fur on his coat and just snuggled.  She didn't say anything.  She just sat in his arms and cozied right up.  She probably could have sat there all night.  Once Santa realized she just wanted to cuddle he started to talk to her.  Asked her if she has been good, what she wanted for Christmas and to take good care of her toys.  She agreed to all.

IMG_8134 IMG_8144 IMG_8194

The picture above was just before Izzy almost lost her schmidt if she wasn't next to see Santa.  


IMG_8217

I was also invited to sit on his lap.  He was awesome.  I'm sure glad I didn't break his leg but he asked me what I wanted.  I was dumbfounded.  What should I say.... so I said clothes! CLOTHES!?!  Out of all the things I could have said,  I said clothes.  I'm definitely not the cool kid.  hehehehe.

IMG_8222 IMG_8232

Izzy walked away from Santa excited about her gift.  A webkinz reindeer.  Again, he was the coolest and Felicity is awesome for having such cool clients.  I am thankful we got that time with Santa.  I'm hoping she remembers this next year.  Santa isn't scary.  He is totally awesome!!

IMG_8241 ::

Now that everyone is off from work until the new year.  We have been busy.  Cookies and playing.

IMG_8304 IMG_8308 IMG_8312

Actually reading the recipe card out loud for Oma.  


IMG_8318 IMG_8321 IMG_8327 IMG_8329 IMG_8333 IMG_8339

Izzy has also discovered my piano. She loves to think she is playing a song from the sheet music in front of her and singing along.  She makes me sit and listen and sometimes dance.  Her little fingers peck away at the black and white keys like she is a baby Mozart.  She likes to listen to me play but she LOVES her music better.

IMG_8023 IMG_8024 IMG_8015

Yup, those are big girl panties.  We are slowly trying to get potty trained.  She likes the panties but not the potty part.  She hasn't peed in the potty but has pooed.  It's a good start.  I'm proud of her.


IMG_8085

We have a whole week before Santa arrives.  I can't wait to travel to AL to visit family and for Izzy's Christmas party tomorrow with her little friends and for more nights of just being with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment