Sunday, December 4, 2011

sunday funday

If you don't know anything about my daughter, the one thing you should know is that she LOVES to paint.  She will sit for hours and paint.  She will paint paper, canvases, ceramics and, in today's case, her entire body.  I sat there and watched her name each color as she gooped it onto her brush and watch it slowly smear across the canvases.  Once the canvases were full we moved on to freezer paper.  Once we hit the freezer paper, Izzy thought it would be a good idea for hand prints and feet prints.  (Disclaimer:  This is totally my fault for teaching her these things.  It was a simple little Christmas art project that has turned into a beast.) I digress.... After hand prints and feet prints she moved on to a bigger, more beautiful canvas... I will let the pictures tell the story.  :)

IMG_7736 IMG_7740 IMG_7745 IMG_7749 IMG_7751 IMG_7754 IMG_7757 IMG_7760 IMG_7763 IMG_7765 IMG_7772 IMG_7776 IMG_7777 IMG_7784 IMG_7797 IMG_7799 IMG_7809 IMG_7813 IMG_7825 IMG_7844 IMG_7848 IMG_7857

This Sunday has been the best!  We grocery shopped together, ate lunch together, played and laughed together, shopped at Best Buy (aka Adult Disneyland) and painted.  We devoured TimTams with hot tea and hot cocoa.  Filled our bellies with sushi and enjoyed the company of our neighbors where we celebrated Christmas before Izzy and I left for Georgia this week.  What. An. Amazing. Day.

IMG_7788

 It's days like these I need to keep me rejuvenated for the next week when my husband will, again, pull 14 hour days at school.  It's days like these that remind me that we are pretty cool parents and that we need to pause and watch her explore because she is growing up.  When we were without a kid, you would always hear parents say "They grow up so fast".  Now I can attest that they do.  It's faster then so fast.  It's like light speed.  I want her to stay in this little body forever (minus the tantrums).

Our evening ended with two glowing lights in our house... the Christmas tree and the apple computer.  It's back to work tomorrow but right now I will relish in the moment of reading "The Night Before Christmas" under the Christmas tree before bed.

IMG_7895 IMG_7875

1 comment: