Saturday, March 19, 2011

finding my inner bad ass

I'm addicted to this girl's blog, www.kellehampton.com.  She has two beautiful little girls, a unique eye for photography and skill to write to make you feel every emotion she is holding on to.  This morning, as I was reading through her blog, she mentioned that there are days when you are in a funk and you have to find your inner bad ass to get through the day.  Well that post was only fitting for how I was feeling this morning.  As you see, I'm not feeling well thanks to Izzy.  She has been sick for a week and has graciously passed it along to me and Chris while herself is still sick.  She is whiny and cryee and only wants her mama, I am sick too which means I am whiny and cryee and I want MY mama.  BUT I found my inner bad ass.  With the help of my husband, we have deep cleaned, vacuumed, scrubbed, washed and sanitized just about every inch of our house.  My bad ass, made me get rid of all the germies that are lurking in our house and keeping us ill.  Good bye you bad little germs that have made my life a living hell this past week. 


Yesterday, after we took a visit to Izzy's doctor, we traveled down the highway a bit to find Whole Foods.  (Let the angels sing their praises from above, ahhhhhhhh).  We did it.  We have never been to Whole Foods but we did it.  We are part of the California cliche. You know what too, I loved it.  I felt healthier just walking into the joint.  I probably won't be making my milk and bread run there but I definitely will be buying my fruits and veggies fresh there.  While I wandered through the isles, Izzy also made her way through trying to touch anything at her level.  Thank God for daddies.  After I decided we should leave since I was not shopping on a list and this could get pricy, the nice lady at the floral counter wanted to give Izzy some flowers.  Not just dingy old sunflowers but roses.  That made for a happy girl. 



Most of the rose petals are on the floor of my car since Izzy was pulling them off one by one.  It was worth it though, she hasn't had that much fun since before she got sick.  Thank you Whole Foods for making all of our day a delight.  

1 comment:

  1. I too absolutely love Kelle! I have been following her since the birth of Nella and I look forward to each new post from her.

    I also love reading here and your pictures are just stunning! Next time you are back in GA I would love to have you take some pictures of my girls for me!

    -April (Johnson) Ferrero

    ReplyDelete