Sunday, March 13, 2011

michelle's visit

My bestie, Michelle, flew in for a visit from San Diego for a few days.  It was nice to talk photography and hand over the baby to my husband so I could enjoy a little alone grown up girl time.  The first day she was here I took her to a little mom and pop coffee shop for a little lunch.  Afterwards we walked up and down the Coastal Trail taking the sites of the seals and even wild sea otters.  I thought there was a starbucks close enough to walk to... a mile and half later... we found it.  While we sipped our salted carmel hot chocolates (minus the salt since they didn’t have any) we made our way back to our car in the chilly weather. 

On Tuesday we headed back into Monterey to check out My Museum with Miss Iz.  It was a blast playing pretend with all the toys there.  Afterwards we semi enjoyed a McDonald’s lunch at the park with 100 other birds that wanted McDonald’s too. 

Wednesday we took a ride further down the coast to Carmel by the Sea.  It was a beautiful little town with lots of unique shops.  We both bought some Christmas ornaments from a holiday store and enjoyed watching the blue ocean.  


 That evening we traveled to our local beach in Marina to watch the sunset.  It is very rare that I have pictures of me and Izzy together.  Thank goodness for Michelle because she captured a very special moment between mother and daughter.  Check out Michelle’s blog “A Belle and her Beau”.  She takes some beautiful pictures!  She needs to start doing it professionally.


Thursday we had to say good-bye.  I hope the days between our next visit are short.  It was great sharing some time with a friend I had been missing since we left San Diego in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment