Monday, March 14, 2011

poor sweet girl






Today Izzy's toys took a rest.  Nothing was being dragged across the floor, no annoying music coming from the stand up toy in the corner, no jumping, no laughing.... nothing.  This is what I saw all day starting at 8AM.  This little girl laid on the couch with me all afternoon sleeping on and off, fighting a fever, and lots and lots of cuddling.  Then daddy came home from school.  After we made a flawless transition from my arms to Chris' arms, set Chris up with video games and a McDonald's shake; I left for the fabric store. 

I decided that I want my purse to be a camera bag.  I do not want to carry both around with me, especially if I'm doing a photo shoot for a family.  So after much research I found a DIY way of turning my purse into a fabulous camera bag.  I'm pretty proud of it.  The next one I will do a much better job.  I was rushed, with a sick baby and all, and I was on a time crunch.  All in all, it turned out pretty well. 

Taken with my iPhone so you could see the final product.  

After I create the crazy things that I think up in my head I become very grateful to my mother for teaching me how to use a sewing machine. I'm also thankful she bought me my own machine two years ago. 

So, remember how I told you Izzy was not mobile all day?  Well there was one hour in the late afternoon her body decided it wanted to play before it crashed again.  I found on craigslist the mac daddy of all play kitchens.  A very nice Marine family sold it to me cheap and it was in PERFECT condition.  Izzy LOVED it!!  I love playing pretend with her.  I love to see what her little imagination comes with.  I cannot wait for her to gain more vocabulary so she can tell me the scenario we are playing out together.  For now, I will eat the plastic egg with a spoon and click our glasses while we say "cheers". 

No comments:

Post a Comment