Wednesday, April 20, 2011

don't blink anymore

Wait!!  When did this happen?!? When did she get this big?!?  Did I have my eyes shut this entire 21 months?!?  Look at her, she is so long and big.  Who fed her?!?  I can remember when I used to hold her football-style when she was brand new.  I remember being able to change her diaper on the foot rest of the rocking chair.  I remember tinier hands and feet that could barely fit into newborn shoes!!  But look at her now!!  She is almost as big as me AND she talks!!! Not just one word-ers anymore... she can speak sentences.  They might be only coherent sentences to me and Chris but non the less she knows how to say what she is thinking.  Time needs to slow down!!

I want her to know that no matter how big she gets I will always hold her tight just like this picture.  I cry to think she will get even bigger and smarter but I am excited for all the new and different things we will get to do together.  She will always be my baby.  She is the one person that made me a mom.  I will forever cherish these little moments where she allows me to rock her.  Where she gets all sweaty and I don't care if my shirt is soaked at the end of this moment.  I don't care that I have to share this moment with Teddy either, after all he is family.  But I am most satisfied knowing we have captured this moment (on the iPhone again) that she can see after we are long gone and know I loved her with my whole heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment