Monday, April 25, 2011

not our holiday

So I've learned that Easter is just not our holiday.... last Easter I made Izzy and Chris hunt for their Easter baskets A WEEK EARLY because I couldn't remember which Sunday it was.  After digging through their candy and playing with the new toys, I thought.... "this Easter is on my dad's birthday but today is not April 4th".... Duh!

Then there is this Easter.  I got the date right.  The Easter basket was all set up for Izzy to find it in the morning.  She makes her way down the stairs in her cute little pink polka dot pajamas to find her basket overflowing with goodies.  She carefully examines each item in the basket until she finds what she has been longing for... cadberry cream eggs (minis).  Of course, we let her have one for breakfast.  Then she locates the York Peppermint Paddies.  Of course, she has one of those too.  While she is chomping away and chocolate is running down her chin onto her beautiful pajamas as she plays with her sidewalk chalk, mess free crayola markers, her movie Tangled, and lots of Easter stickers.  And just like any other day I am taking photos of her every move.  I've taken some beautiful photos and wouldn't you guess.... I accidentally erased all of them from my camera!!!  Easter is definitely not our forte!

All is well though... we had a great day.  We attended church with our friends Amanda and Josh and of course, Miss Edi.  After church we grilled out hamburgers for lunch!!  We were stuffed after we engorged ourselves with some awesome banana cream pudding..  The 15 minute ride home made me lazy.  As soon as I put Izzy down for a nap my bed reached out and grabbed me.  Three hours later I woke up and it was time to eat..... again!!  We grilled out pork chops with our neighbors, Steve and Camille and superhero Ella.  Dinner was delicious and so was the wine! After saying our goodbyes we made our way to Marina beach to watch the sunset.  I have pictures of that.  :)  It was a great day!!



 It really is a tough life but someone has to lead it. 





 This is why half the beach is in the bottom of my car after each beach trip.






Whether you celebrate Easter or not, I hope everyone had as awesome of a Sunday as my little family did.

No comments:

Post a Comment