Wednesday, April 6, 2011

30 things I live for at 30

Well ladies and gents, I turned 30!  Finally I can say "I'm 30" when people card me because they say I look like I'm 16.  While that that is awesome, it is starting to get old.  I know, I know people say I will love it when I'm 40, 50 or more.  But for now, I'm 30 and awesome!!  Since I took back my life my senior year in college each year I get older keeps getting better and better.  My friends are all turning 30 too.  Most of them complain that 30 is old.  No, 80 is old!!  30 is great!!  You are finally considered an adult.  You're not a crazy 20-something just living life in the fast lane.  (Not that I was ever living in the fast lane, maybe the middle lane, but definitely not the fast one.)  I'm an adult.  I'm a wife, a mother, a car owner, a tax payer, a future planner, a college savings fund put-awayer, a wine drinker, a better friend, a better daughter, a better sister and so much more.  I probably was all this last year too but now I'm 30 and all that!  So here are 30 things that I live for at 30 (in no particular order)....

1.  My beautiful daughter who makes me laugh and cry all in the same breath.
2.  My husband who is my number one fan and biggest supporter.
3.  My family.  I'm not ashamed to admit I talk to my mother on the phone just about every day.  She is not a phone talker, either is my sister or dad... but I look forward to it every day.  Frankly, I miss them. 
4.  Living so close to the beach that watching the sunset is a habit.
5.  Chris unloads the dishwasher without being asked. (I did it all the time growing up and I refuse to do it now and he knows it.)
6.  Running hugs and sweet snuggle kisses from Izzy.
7.  Being a stay-at-home-mom.
8.  My daughter sleeps until 10AM most days.
9.  The friends we have made during our travels in the Navy.
10.  Date nights.
11.  My growing love for photography.
12.  Facebook
13.  A nice home cooked meal.
14.  Having my husband home at night.
15.  Warm days where we can play outside.
16.  Getting to get Izzy out of her crib in the mornings and after nap time.
17.  Having neighbors that are awesome and remind me a little of the show "Cougar Town" minus the old ladies with young men, having a college kid, and the couple who has a baby but you never see him at all in the show.  I guess the drinking together part is the only thing that makes me think "Cougar Town".
18.  Being a military wife.  Sometimes it is not what it is all cracked up to be.  I know what you are thinking but we get... amazing healthcare AND I get to shop at the commissary AND on occasion we get a 10% discount at restaurants and stores... but don't let all that fool you.  I do it because I love a man in uniform, I love to travel, and I take pride in my country. 
19.  SHOPPING!!
20.  iPhone
21.  Looking the best I have ever looked in my entire life.
22.  Doing a full months worth of grocery shopping then going out to a restaurant for dinner that same night.
23.  Having my husband massage my feet while we watch TV together.
24.  Listening to Izzy learn to say new words, figuring out puzzles and playing pretend.
25.  Dancing in our kitchen-livingroom to Lady Gaga with Izzy and Chris.
26.  Watching Izzy pretend to throw fire balls at Chris because she is a superhero just like her best friend down the street, Ella.
27.  Being 5'2" instead of just 5'.  Why, you might ask yourself?  So I can be in a heavier weight bracket for Weight Watchers!
28.  People watching.
29.  Thinking I'm part of the "Glee" cast when I step into the shower and when I drive my car alone.
30.  Finally for accepting me for who I am, what I've become and how I look.  I will never be a super model, a good house keeper, a fashion forward dresser, or anything else anyone wants me to be.  I'm living my dream and I'm 30 and I'm fabulous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment