Friday, April 22, 2011

i'm in love



 I'm in love with my daughter and the fact that she is so smart and she is not even two yet.  I'm in love with her facial expressions, the way she shakes her hips when she dances, the way she holds her spoon in one hand while shoving fist fulls of food from the other into her mouth, the way she asks where daddy and Ella are in the morning, the way Teddy comforts her, the way she smells, the pronounces words, the way she pumps her arms when she is in a full run, the way she puts on her own shoes and so many other things that melt my heart everyday.



I'm in love with her other little friend, Edith.  Izzy is kind and gentle with Miss Edi.  She shares, most of the time, with her and lets Edi chase after.  I say it so much but the could be sisters.  




 I'm also in love with these pink camo rain boots. 





I'm in love again with every holiday now.  It's all new for Izzy which brings all the magic back into things like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny. 


































And then I am in love with this..... our best friends from San Diego.  The Jewell family are the closest friends we made while stationed in San Diego.  Izzy grew up loving Daylan and Dustin (as well as Mama Dous and Devan).  Daylan and Dustin always treated her like she was one of their family.  The little sister they never had.  While the boys might antagonize each other, each one is treats Izzy with love and respect.  Unfortunately, we had to move which brought many tears (for me) and lots of heartache for leaving our second family.  We've been missing the Jewell family for over four months (which seems like a lifetime when you are without your bff) but then there was a miracle.  Devan got orders to come to NPS in June!!!  So, the Jewell family came for a visit to do a little house hunting.  The moment they walked in our door Izzy knew exactly who they were.  Her face just lite up seeing the two boys and knowing her "brothers" were back!!  The boys are much taller now but they both are still full of so much love to give to Izzy.  After hugging and kissing our family good-bye, tears of joy and relief that we would be seeing them again real soon rushed over my body.  I never really knew how much I missed them until we got to see and play with them again.  June cannot come fast enough for our families!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment