Thursday, August 25, 2011

choices

I've sat down several times and have written several posts.  Some sentimental.  Some like hate mail.  But I've never hit post because 1. I didn't have any pictures and 2. I'm just not sure who really cares to read my stuff.  So to sum up my unposted documents....  There are days when I think about how things would be different in my life if I had made different choices but I'm brought back to reality the moment I hear the word "mommy".  And I am grateful for the choices I have made.  Then there are the choices you make as an adult.  The choices you make as a military family.  The choices you make as a parent.  Currently we are waiting on the Navy to hear if our choices of where to go next are the same places they would choose.  It's stressful.  It's hard thinking that you might be moving further away from your family and friends then actually getting closer.  It's hard to put off plans that you thought were going to work out perfect but in the end were not the Navy's plans.  So right now we are waiting....

IMG_9393

IMG_9388

In the meantime we are doing what we do best... spending time together.   My husband is not home a lot this quarter but when he is home, oh, it's good!  Thursday always used to be my favorite day.  It felt like it was the eve before a big party or Christmas.  When in fact, it is the eve to Friday which brings less stress and weekends together. The weekends are now my favorite because he is home with us.  We get to soak him up until Sunday night comes.

IMG_9412

IMG_9416

IMG_9419

IMG_9423

IMG_9435



This past weekend we have acquired a little three drawer stand from one of my garage sale purchases.  My goal is to flip it and put it in our living room to hold diapers and wipes and other assorted junk that we would like to hide from our visitors.  I have to laugh out loud and remind myself that it is about the experience and making something with your hands.... cost of the stand $10..... cost of supplies to get the orginal paint off $30...... and we haven't even bought the paint or the knobs yet!  hahaha. 

IMG_9455

IMG_9460

This week also brought us a playdate at the aquarium.  I hate going to the aquarium.  Izzy is not interested in the fish.  She is interested in running around in the dark with me chasing after her.  However, this time at the aquarium was different.  She LOVED it!!

IMG_9462
Izzy and Miss Edi enjoying some fishies!

IMG_9464

IMG_9471

IMG_9475

IMG_9485

IMG_9491

IMG_9497

IMG_9505
Yeah, MY daughter built this!!  Genius!! Scholarship!!

IMG_9510
Miss Edi and Amanda looking at the seahorses. 

So while we wait on life to makes it's choice on what it wants us to do, we will continue to pass our days coloring, playing, learning, exploring and growing up.

 

IMG_9325

IMG_9337

IMG_9343

IMG_9354

IMG_9406


No comments:

Post a Comment