Wednesday, August 10, 2011

new perspectives

So this morning I was supposed to start my "new perspective" day!  I was supposed to throw all the ideas and dreams of what this duty station would bring us out the window and finally enjoy where I am, whom I'm with (even if it's not my husband), and what I'm doing.  Unfortunately, I started out this morning crying over a banana and yogurt.  Can you believe it?!?  Even after my pep talk to myself in the car yesterday, I couldn't do it! I couldn't look this day in the face and slap it.  Instead I ate chips and salsa for breakfast, a family size box of mac and cheese (of course, I shared it with Izzy.  She got lucky.), took a 2.5 hour nap with Izzy and ate a big ole cheese burger and two helpings of fries for dinner.  Needless to say I think I'm going to be sick but tomorrow is another day.  Chris told me I was allowed a redo.

So tomorrow I will.........
*Wake up with more energy (and with a smile).
*I will turn negative thoughts into positive words.
*enjoy the beach even if I have to wear a snowsuit.
*be thankful I am doing something I totally enjoy and get on the ball with it.
*start checking things off my list.
*being a better wife, mother and friend.
*pick up my camera to document our lives and not just my client's lives. 
*not count my failures or attempts, I will count my successes and multiple blueprints that made me better.
*support my husband and finally realize being at school is a job and he will have to work late some nights and not to take it personally.
*and finally.... I will take better care of myself and take pride in my body, mind and soul.

There I said it!  Now it's out on paper so I guess I have to do it.  So I better get some rest since I have a big day tomorrow.  Cheers to new perspectives!

This is the last post without any pictures.  I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment